Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Somewhere in the world there is a woman with a cute wash and wear hairstyle and I want it

Whoever said that short hair is easier to maintain is wrong.

And whoever said that it's just hair and it will grow back was also wrong.

I want my ponytail back and I want it now. I do not want this cute A-line Katie Holmes-esque bob that is the fifth cut on the road from Natalie Portman back to the mom whose-long-hair-although-not-very-clean-is-at least-up-in-a-ponytail-out-of-her-eyes. With this blog as my witness, I will never copy cat a celebrity hairstyle again.

I'm cranky (even with all the nice comments everyone left me for WFMW) because my mother-in-law is out of town and that means I'm that in addition to herding kids away from the least sharp edges of a very un-kidfriendly house, keeping breakables intact, cleaning around other people's stuff, and cooking for my family as well as my father-in-law and sister-in-law: both of whom can't make a sandwhich.

And because I'm living a lie. See, I started this blog to "keep up with technology" and I've been so proud of my links and my blogroll. But today it took me 15 minutes to reprogram the clock on the microwave. Then Deirdre crawled over, pounded on the laptop once, and taught me there's a button on the keyboard that brings up the calculator on the computer screen. Genius. I had no idea.

So I'm a phoney. With really bad hair.

2 comments:

Shelah said...

I once thought I'd cut my hair to look like the short cut Gwyneth Paltrow had in Sliding Doors. I ended up looking a lot more like Ellen DeGeneres. Not exactly the look I was going for.

Thanks for hitting my blog! I'd love a reading running partner! And someone dropped the bomb at my book club that the narrator of Ugly Stepsister wasn't who they thought it would be, so I was expecting that sleight of hand from the beginning.

Unknown said...

I just don't reprogram the clock on the microwave, I just look at another clock. lol!

There's always someone here who fixes it in no time.

Well, luckily hair grows again. Each day a bit.
But the waiting....ugh!

Good luck!